PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Course
Is this course right for me?
Our PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Qualification course is designed to teach the processes, themes and principles of project management described in the PRINCE2® approach, and to prepare delegates for the Foundation examination, held as part of the course.
This course is designed for existing and potential Project and Team Managers who would like to gain a comprehensive understanding of the PRINCE2® method of managing projects, and will provide those responsible for planning and managing projects with a structure that will help, without imposing inflexible processes or stifling creative thinking.
The PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Course is based on the “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® – 2009 edition”, which describes the structured project management method.
The Foundation module is an intensive 3-day event, requiring delegates to undertake some evening work in their own time, and is followed by a 2-day Practitioner event. Delegates may choose to attend both modules together or separately; however it should be noted that delegates wishing to sit the Practitioner examination must hold the Foundation qualification.
Please note that examinations are the responsibility of the examination board, APMG.
What will I learn from this training course?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Be familiar with the background, principles, structure and terminology used in the PRINCE2® 2009 Edition project management method
- Prepare for and take both the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Introduction to projects and project management
Structure of PRINCE2®
- The 7 Principles
- Business case
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Tailoring PRINCE2®
- 1 hour Examination
The Practitioner Examination
- Overview of the Exam format
- Application of the method on a range of different projects, from small to large
- Using case studies and case studies to apply the learning
- Preparation workshops for practitioner examination
- Practitioner Examination