Microsoft Excel Data Validation Online Course
Is this course right for you?
Ever come across drop down lists in spreadsheets? Ever wondered how you can control what people enter into worksheets you send out so that you get consistency of data? Then this 1 hour trainer-led session is for you.
Training course objectives
By the end of the course you will know;
- How to apply rules directly to cells to control data input
- How to create drop down lists in cells to restrict data entry options
- How set up rules making cell values dependent on values in other cells
- How to display user tips
- How to warn or prevent users from entering invalid data
- How to create lists that change according to data in another cell
Creating Drop Down Lists
- Creating lists manually
- Creating lists from existing data in the same worksheet
- Creating lists from data in other worksheets
Creating Rules to Control Data Entry
- Whole numbers
- Text length
- Custom rules
Creating User Prompts and Messages
- Automatically display user tips and prompts
- Automatically warn or prevent users from entering invalid data
Creating Linked Drop Down Lists
- Using the INDIRECT function to create linked drop down lists
How will the course run?
The session is trainer-led, with demonstrations to break down the various options into easy to understand sections and showing how they are applied to data. Delegates will be encouraged to participate in the session through questions as well as direct participation using the on-line tools.
Will there be any support after the course?
Yes. Following the course you will get 90 days’ support either through our freephone number, e-mail or via Twitter. So if you have any problems or questions we will be there to help.