Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation and Practitioner (Residential)
Is this course right for me?
Our Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation and Practitioner course is designed to teach the basic principles of good programme management in line with the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow described in the MSP® approach, and to prepare delegates for the Foundation examination, held as part of the course.
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand programme management and the practical application of MSP®, and to gain the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications. Delegates should have an understanding of, and preferably experience in, the issues surrounding business change. Delegates must pass the Foundation exam on day 3 in order to progress to the Practitioner exam on day 5.
The Foundation module is an intensive 3-day event, requiring delegates to undertake some evening work in their own time, and is followed by a 2-day Practitioner event. Delegates may choose to attend both modules together or separately; however it should be noted that delegates wishing to sit the Practitioner examination must hold the Foundation qualification.
What Will I Get Out Of It?
The MSP® Foundation Course is based upon the “Managing Successful Programmes – 2011 edition” which describes “best practice” guidance for handling all types of transformational change programmes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between programmes and projects
- Be familiar with the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow as described in the MSP® – 2011 Edition Practice the application of MSP®
- Prepare for and take both the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Exam
Related Training Courses in Our Range
- Programme Management Principles and MSP®
The Governance Themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
The Transformational Flow
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- MSP® Foundation Examination
- MSP® Practitioner Examination Objectives and Guidance
- MSP® Review
- MSP® Practitioner Examination Workshops
- MSP® Practitioner Examination