Managing Remote Teams Training Course
Is this course right for me?
Our Managing Remote Teams course takes the form of a relaxed but business-like workshop, and explores the issues of remote teams in depth, with the aim of building a set of actions for managers to implement at work.|Remote teams present a specific set of challenges to their managers. Such challenges include communication, task allocation and performance management.
This workshop-style course is designed for middle and junior Managers who run teams that spread over more than one location, nationally or internationally, and who wish to find ways to enhance teamworking in these conditions. The content of this course assumes that managers have already studied teamworking or have attended a fundamentals course such as our Teambuilding for Managers course.
Training course objectives:
- Identify key actions to take to manage team performance remotely
- Implement a communications plan for use within the team
- Allocate tasks to team members to build a culture of teamworking across the different locations
- Involve your team members in planning team activities
- Use visits to each location to maximum effect
Related training courses in our range
Identifying the challenges we face with our remote teams
Generating a sense of belonging amongst all communication in the team
- How do team members find out the latest news?
- Identifying what needs to be known by all
- Formalising the information flow: meetings and briefings and written communication
- Getting best effect from Team Meetings
- Identifying key contacts between locations
Managing performance from a distance
- Allocating tasks and objectives across the team
- Clarifying the flow or work in the team
- Identifying areas of expertise
- Deciding key areas of responsibility per location
- Identifying, and dealing with, the different levels of performance
Involving the whole team in planning and change
- Creating the atmosphere for participation
- Identifying the most suitable medium for communication
- Overcoming the challenges posed by working remotely
- Gaining commitment to implement actions when the manager is not present
Maximising time in each location
- Your chance to deliver a presentation in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Exploring the importance of your visual, vocal and verbal communication
- Constructive feedback on your individual style and tips on how to make more of an impact as trainer
Visual aid options
- Setting the tone of a visit – from
Action planning time
- The final part of the workshop gives participants time to consider and plan what they want to implement back at their workplaces as a result of the learning
Call our expert Learning and Development team today on
0800 077 36 46 for more details about the training options available to
you or to book your course.