Managing Effective Meetings Course
Is this course right for me?
Our Managing Meetings course will help you to improve productivity at meetings by being more focused, measured and structured in your approach to planning and running meetings.
This course is designed for people of all levels and positions who are responsible for running or chairing meetings. This could be internal team briefings or external meetings with customers or suppliers.
Training course objectives:
- Make meetings shorter, more focused and productive
- Develop a concise checklist for planning and preparing meetings
- Explain the importance of the role of the chair
- Use interpersonal skills to lead, chair and control meetings
- Improve meeting performance on an ongoing basis
- Record effective actions and minutes
Related Training Courses in Our Range
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communicating for Success
- Principles of Project Management
- Examining the different types of meeting
Planning and preparing a meeting
- Planning the meeting, the purpose and objectives
- Deciding on the type of meeting, level of formality and chairing style
- Designing a logical, informative and timed agenda
The role of the meeting leader/chair
- Outlining the role of the chair
- Opening up a meeting, making introductions and clarifying ground rules/objectives
- Facilitation skills and gaining positive participation
The elements of group and individual behaviour
- Exploring different behaviours and reviewing options for handling these appropriately
- Resolving potential conflict
Closing the meeting and after
- Writing effective minutes and action points
- Improving meetings for the future
Call our expert Learning and Development team today on
0800 077 36 46 for more details about the training options available to
you or to book your course.