Excellence in Management Course
2 days – Facilitated Group Module
Plus the option of completing an ILM (Institute of Leadership and managment) approved programme by undertaking 4 Executive Coaching sessions to follow up the Group work and support your development.
Is this course right for you?
This innovative and exciting programme is designed for managers who have experience and prior training in core management skills (for example, by attending our Essential Management Skills Course).
These managers will be leaders of departments who may manage other managers/supervisors.
The programme is intended to allow participants to move to greater depths of understanding and skill in key areas of management.
What will I learn from this training course?
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain a deeper understanding of their role as managers
- Develop and use excellent communication and influencing skills
- Identify the drivers of their own manager and negotiate win-win outcomes with them
- Deal effectively with the causes of poor performance and lack of motivation
- Manage change effectively within a dynamic environment
- Create a culture of continuous learning
- Implement their personal development plan
Related courses in our range
Your role as a manager
- The manager’s role, how it is changing and the implications for day-to-day management performance
Communications and influencing masterclass
- A workshop introducing and developing key skills in developing rapport, influencing and communicating effectively, using approaches and techniques based on Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Influencing your boss and other senior managers
- Ways of exploring “managing up”: experiencing your own manager’s perspective and learning to negotiate outcomes for your mutual benefit
Dealing with poor performance
- Using a structured approach to identifying causes of under-performance; using communication and influencing skills to challenge and resolve poor performance issues in individuals and teams
Managing in a dynamic organisation
- Key skills and concepts in managing successfully within an environment of constant change
Creating a learning culture
- How learning takes place in organisations and the managers role in creating a culture of continuous learning
- Devising a realistic and challenging plan for implementation and to decide on a direction for future coaching
Executive coaching (4 x 1.5 hour sessions for individuals)
We recommend that delegates follow the facilitated group work with coaching over an approximate 3 month period. This will help to:
- Ensure your learning has a strong impact on your performance
- To deal with challenges arising from applying your learning
- To plan your future personal development strategy
Coaching takes place in a supportive, private and focussed series of one to one meetings. 4 sessions (1.5 hours each) are included. Our coaches are carefully selected and will work with their clients at mutually convenient times and locations.
Call our expert Learning and Development team today on
0800 077 36 46 for more details about the training options available to
you or to book your course.