Coaching Skills Training Course
Is this course right for me?
Our Coaching Skills course looks at how development of staff is now recognised as one of the key responsibilities of line managers. Most people learn how to do their jobs
Training course objectives:
- Review the benefits and value of coaching
- Identify the coaching process and techniques
- Practise the key skills required for effective coaching
- Develop personal action plans for improvement
Related Training Courses in Our Range
What is coaching?
- How does it relate to managing/delegating/training?
- Coaching as a leadership style
What are the benefits?
- To the organisation, manager and employees
The coaching process
- A systematic approach to managing coaching
- Stages of coaching from identifying the need to reviewing the results
Creating the right climate for coaching
- Team briefing
- The learning organisation
- Considering Learning Styles
- Interpersonal skills required and understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Objective setting
- The Grow Model
- Precision questioning
- Giving Feedback
Identifying coaching opportunities
- Performance management
- Counselling and problem-solving
- Planning ahead
- Versatility charts and multi-skilling your team
The coaching plan
- A practical exercise to plan a coaching programme for a team member