Assertiveness Course – Developing Personal Effectiveness
Is this course right for me?
Our Assertiveness – Developing Personal Effectiveness course shows how people often fail in their interactions with others by being either too submissive or aggressive, and demonstrates how assertiveness can increase the chance of success in any human transaction.
This course is designed for those who would like to improve their personal effectiveness through communication, and who have had little or no previous training in assertiveness. This confidence-building course will benefit anyone who needs to communicate in the workplace.
Training course objectives:
- Recognise and define assertiveness and its benefits
- Explain the differences between aggressive, non-assertive and assertive behaviour
- Have an awareness of why we behave the way we do and when that behaviour is counterproductive know what to do about it
- Be aware of the impact of non-verbal communication in projecting a positive image
- Use a variety of different language techniques to put their message across
Related Training Courses in Our Range
Identifying and recognising our own and others behavioural style
- Recognising behaviour through the key elements
- Body language
- Tone of voice
Defining assertiveness and its benefits
- Clearly defining assertiveness and its characteristics
- Identifying the pros and cons of the different behaviour styles
- Understanding the difference between aggression and assertion
Changing the way we think
- Having an awareness of why we behave the way we do
- Appreciating how we tend to gear our behaviour towards our feelings as opposed to the outcome we want
- Appreciating how hard it is to break our existing behaviour patterns and why that is
- Changing the way we think through the rights we give ourselves
Changing the way we behave
- Enhancing assertion through our non-verbal communication
- Using techniques to get our message across assertively
- Opportunities to turn theory into action
Completion of a personal strategy to help individuals take the necessary steps to implement and cement the learning
Call our expert Learning and Development team today on
0800 077 36 46 for more details about the training options available to
you or to book your course.